Head Of Buying
|Job Title||Head Of Buying|
|No or working hrs.||40|
|Location||St Peter's Technical Park (with some home working possible)|
Established in Jersey since 2008, our goal is to provide the best online value and service through various platforms, including Amazon, where our status is as an Elite Amazon Seller, earned through continuous improvement. We've developed bespoke software and business practices to enable us to power over a million marketplace sales per year. Our whole team of local Jersey people is our biggest asset, and they work hard to deliver our values of Kaizen, Collaboration, Meritocracy and Ownership.
Onogo.com continues to develop new categories & international territories. In 12 years of trading the aim has remained to offer best products at great prices. We epitomise fantastic service boasting a 98% positive customer feedback score. One of the natural evolutions of Onogo's marketplace success is to partner with brands. We have achieved success as an ‘Amazon Marketplace Full Service Provider’. We apply commercial experience, tools and expertise to support continuing success. Onogo are in the top 1000 global sellers on the world’s largest marketplace, Amazon.
To enable our growth, we need robust, ambitious and agile buying capabilities. This role has been created to lead, plan and deliver Onogo’s trading and buying strategies as well as drive and enable the highest levels of performance across our buying teams. As part of our Executive team, the successful candidate will also contribute to the continuing development of Onogo’s strategy and corporate objectives, and act as a role model for our core values and enabling behaviours.
We are looking for a senior ecommerce buying and sales professional with significant marketplace experience and demonstrable expertise in developing successful, long-term relationships with brands and suppliers. The successful candidate will have broad experience of initiating and delivering business growth and change, as well as being an engaging and inclusive leader.
Through collaborative and commercial leadership and decision making, this role will develop Onogo’s trading strategy to drive business profitability by developing new marketplaces, increasing product ranges and sales, capturing larger order sizes and managing margin performance.
The successful candidate will also drive the performance of the buying team, providing leadership, oversight and mentoring, to ensure they are developed, engaged and enabled to achieve and exceed their operational and financial targets.
- Leading the commercial plan for growth and overall management of all e-commerce merchandise purchasing
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the customer requirements for all product categories, constantly reviewing category growth opportunities, trends, and KPIs
- Identify opportunities to launch new categories using market knowledge, data and insights to support recommendations
- Plan and oversee team to maintain sufficient stock holding aligned to predictive online sales, planned marketplace launches and promotional activity
- Developing, implementing and maintaining a supplier relationship and evaluation strategy to measure effective supplier performance and compliance
- Lead negotiations of supplier terms
- Implement strategy to move to direct purchasing from distribution
- Constantly review buying processes to drive improvements and efficiencies
- Actively monitor budgets to optimise performance whilst managing costs
Analysis and Reporting
- Purchasing budget control and forecasting - identify and report on trends in trading performance and develop sales forecasts for peak trading periods online
- Analytics- monitor and measure performance and use these data driven insights to make recommendations and improve performance
- Provide weekly product, sales and stock status reports
- Report on product sales and provide tactics to improve sales
- Identify areas of under performance, and act quickly to develop and implement strategies to make measurable improvements
- Monitor competitor trends to ensure our offer and customer experience meets marketplace, partner and customer expectations
Marketing and Business Development
- Ensure that trading strategies are supported by marketing and relationship management strategies for all marketplaces
- Drive AOV, to include analysis of impact
- Oversee the website customer experience
- Act as an ambassador for the business, building strong, long-term relationships with suppliers, partners and a professional networks
- Coach, develop and grow the buying team by providing feedback and developing a strong department culture of collaboration and growth
- Ensure strong communication across the business to facilitate exchange of information and in order to implement change and improvements
- Embody the Onogo values and leadership behaviours in all interactions to drive engagement, retention and productivity in all stakeholder relationships
Skills and Experience
- Significant experience of trading onsite on large ecommerce platforms, with proven sales growth results
- A passion for data, with advanced reporting and analytical skills and experience of working across a range of relevant systems
- Proven leadership skills with demonstrable experience of optimising team performance and development
- Excellent communication and interpersonal
- Excellent relationship management skills with the ability to engage, negotiate, influence and manage key stakeholders and suppliers
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability and desire to work in a fast paced, performance driven and collaborative team environment
- Proven trading experience across numerous categories
Are you a good fit?
Please apply with a covering letter and CV, outlining your skills and relevant experience to email@example.com